I just had a memory pop in my head. And it made me so happy.
It was during Curtains. The Monday we opened. Cheryll gave us a relaxation thing. And one part of it was a feeling thing. It's hard to explain. One half of the group was standing in rows with their eyes closed. The other half was getting instructions from Cheryll. I was in the first group that had their eyes closed, and I can just remember how weird it was... People touching me and sometimes poking me. Someone poked me gently on the elbow. Another person, my knee cap. And then, Cheryll said "okay." and I just remembered being hugged. Very tightly. And something about that hug that was filled with love made me have overwhelming emotion flow through me. I had the biggest smile, and I even started crying. It was just so nice, that hug. It was like that hug at that moment could clear all of my sleepiness, nervousness for the show that was about to open, all of my worries.
That hug was meant for me. Only me.
It was so wonderful.
I remembered this memory while I was listening to the song "Glitter in the Air" by Pink. Specifically "Have you ever been touched so gently, you had to cry."
Remembering it now makes me feel the way I did in a way. It makes me ready to face all of the challenges that will be coming my way as I head out to college.
Whoever hugged me that day, with so much love, I thank you so much. You're a wonderful person.
No comments:
Post a Comment