31.8.12

Oh man, do I have some good books for you!

GUYS. Read these books. They will make you cry because they're so good.
The first one is the lovely STARGIRL. Almost everyone I know has read this book, but if you haven't read it since you were in 6th grade, it's a good read. It's full of memorable quotes and themes. And it's one of my childhood memories.

The second book I beg you to read is called "The Wednesday Wars."
I think I already talked about this one, but I want to reiterate what I have said. This book is so good.
Nothing about this book was what I expected, from the settings, to the teachers, to even the ending. I had no idea what was going to happen in this book, and I was pleasantly surprised when I finished reading it.

{note: I'm reading this on my kindle, and i the book actually ended at like, 98% or something like that, and I was expecting it to end at 100%. Even though they never do. Duh}

I was so sad when the book ended, because I never wanted it to end. I was rooting for all of the characters, and I cried at least 5 times because of the happy endings; and when I had to stop reading for a second to either go to the bathroom, or do something for my boys at work, I didn't want to put it down. I honestly would run back to where I had set the book down and start reading again. I read it in less than 24 hours. It's so good. I haven't had a book that could enthrall me like that since The Hunger Games.


The Third book I dare you to read is called "Touching Spirit Bear."
Honestly, I was extremely wary about this book. Probably because I had literally finished "The Wednesday Wars" five minutes before I started this one so I was on the "NO BOOK COULD EVER BE AS GOOD AS THIS BOOK EVER" run at the moment.
And, to tell you the truth, I was wary of it until I was halfway through. The main character was always so angry, and he was a liar. But then, because of an event I cannot tell you because it would obviously give the book away, he changed. And then everything he did beyond that point, I was not expecting. And the last 24 pages of the book had me so proud of Cole, the main character, I just wanted to take him in my arms and thank him for what he did.

Seriously, you guys. When I get attached to books, this is what happens to me.



So you might be asking "Where are you finding these books, and why are you reading them at alarming paces, when you should be doing other things like, I don't know, sleeping?"
Well, next semester I'm in the class Young Adult Lit class at BYU-I, and I have to read 9 books... well, 9 books that are assigned. All in all, I'm reading 25 books, but no big deal.
Anyway, so I decided it was smart of me to go ahead and read all the books that were assigned. I've read the three I told you about, and the fourth one I'm reading is called "The Scorpio Races." It's over 400 pages (whereas the last three I read were a little over 200), and so it's going to take me longer than the other 3.
The other 5 books I'm reading are The Outsiders, Amelia Lost, Inside Out and Back Again, The Outlaws of Sherwood, and Between Shades of Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment