13.11.12

Letter.

I am exhausted.
I'm happy with what I'm doing with some aspects of my life, but I'm exhausted.
And I'm sick of feeling this way. All I want to do is sleep and go to rehearsal (which is kind of what I've been doing).
Today, for no reason I've just wanted to cry. I woke up extremely late, and still had to shower. And by the time I got out of the shower, I felt even more tired. I have bruises all over my body from moving set pieces and hitting some when I'm in a hurry. 

After I was leaving my friend (we had just been practicing for a scene we have to do today), I was crossing the street and saw the Mail man at my apartment complex. I couldn't help it. I said a prayer. I said "God, if there was a letter in there for me, I could really use it. I'm tired, and I'm sad, and I haven't heard from my best friend. Please." And I got into the office and started checking through the letters. I got to the LAST TWO letters, and I was really discouraged, and when I moved the letter before the last two, one of them slipped and all of a sudden I see Derek's handwriting, and it says "Elder Derek Sorenson," and my heart stopped. I literally could not believe my eyes. So I grabbed it, put the other letters down, and started crying.
   I know, I'm stupid because I cried. But honestly, I needed this so bad. By the time I was at my apartment, I was bawling, and my roommate hugged me and asked me what was wrong, and I couldn't even speak. So I went into my room and I read it, and my life felt like it was SUBSTANTIALLY easier to cope with. 
These two months of waiting and wishing Derek would write me was so worth it to know that he still wants me to write him!
    He even wrote a ton of song quotes on the envelope, and he drew me a picture. Seriously. Happiness doesn't even explain. 
I don't even know what that last sentence was. 
Don't mind me, I'm just exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment