So, I haven't blogged in a while, and it's honestly because everything has been hectic/exciting/scary/explosively awesome, that I just haven't even thought of this blog much.
I've been in classes a full week now, and even though there is a lot of homework (that I'm always doing), it's completely different from High School and everything about it is so wonderful.
I love the atmosphere here at BYU-Idaho, and I love all of the people I've met so far.
Classes...
I'm taking six classes, two of which I have to read a lot of books. Currently I'm reading not only "The Hobbit", but I'm also reading "The Odyssey." Near the end of the semester, I'm also going to be reading "The Odyssey" again for my class that I'm reading "The Hobbit." I'm also reading, i think, 6 more books before the semester is up.
My math class is a really basic math class, because I've never been good at math, and I want to change that so I don't suffer in "Math for the Real World." On Wednesday after I had switched into the class, there were only 2 other people in the math class. Now, we're up to six or seven people. It's becoming a real party! I met a guy named Kalyn and we're going to start going to the math lab together (part of our required for passing thing.) which I think is going to be super fun. We have to do these Addition/Subtraction monsters, and I felt pretty proud of myself when I could get them down in 5 minutes. My teacher was impressed, too. YEAH!
My English class has a LOT of reading, also. And we usually take quizes on what we had to read. Same with our science class. We have to take quizzes almost every time we do homework. But I'm not complaining, seeing as my Science book was free :)
I actually have a class where I know two people from my old ward/stake in Virginia. It was kind of shocking! I heard Jame's name get mispronounced, and I thought "Oh how funny, I know someone whose name is almost exactly like that." and then he corrects our teacher, and I thought "Oh my gosh... James is in my class." and he didn't so me, so he was pretty shocked when they called my name. And it turned out the other guy I knew, Tyler, was a kid that I danced swing during my first ever Youth Conference.
Yeah, small world...
I found out my favorite place to study. It's at the library, in this alcove that has about 10 chairs, and you can sit there and do homework or read or whatever, and I've been there every day since school started. I love it beyond words. I need to go today...
Anyway, this is a really long post. I love my classes, I love my dorm, I love my roommates, and most of all, I love my school. I just can't wait for all of the adventures here in Rexburg, Idaho. The best part is that I met a girl named Stephanie that my roommates Jenny and Lauren knew in Utah, and we've already decided I'm going to move into her apartment during winter semester! It's going to be awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment