1.1.12

A big long post about going back to Rexburg.

I go back to Rexburg Tuesday morning.

Mixed Feelings?   ...absolutely.

On one hand, It has been so wonderful seeing my family {Baby Apollo crawled for the first time last night. We all died}; spending innumerable hours with Malynne; actually going to do something with people and feeling like I have more than one friend; I got to go to the mall with said friends and goof off like the old days; and I even had a shopping spree with Mom for one of my Christmas Presents. Can someone say new church clothes! You know, the ones I've been needing since... I don't know... forever.


But on the other hand, I have felt like I've done nothing but sit in the guest room reading Harry Potter, watch t.v. in the living room, and devour my parent's food. Obviously that's not the only things I did, but the majority of my break was spent like this. I think I broke a new personal record for facebook stalking; and I didn't wash any clothes. Period. My dad did for me. {Well, that was so Apollo wouldn't have peed-on pants or a drool-covered shirt; but hey! I still didn't have to do it.}  On top of that, I didn't even check my Animal Crossing game once! What are my poor friends going to say when I show up with bedhead and weeds all over town?!

I'm ready to get back to Rexburg because 1. I miss that little campus more than anything. I feel so at home in Rexburg. I love the spirit that comes with being there, and I love the people. 2. I miss Derek! I didn't see him the last week I was in Rexburg, and then he went to Vietnam for Christmas with his family. So I'll be seeing him Tuesday. 3. New apartment. It may not have the new-apartment smell, but it does have the feel! Nonetheless, new roommates that I hope I will get along with a whole lot better than one of my last roommates I had. Loved the girl, but not so much as a roommate. 4. I'm not going to miss the odd dreams I've been getting in this guest room. Maybe it's because it's not my room; but it's weird. 5. Tash! I can't wait to see her again and bake cookies while watching Harry Potter with Derek and Tanner and Stephanie. We shall call it "Christening Courtney's New Apartment!"

I'm not ready to go back because I already miss my family. I miss Marci and Zoe and Sam; and I only said goodbye to them at 8! I'm going to miss being able to see Malynne whenever I want; and being able to go into my Mom's room and talk to her; not call her on the phone. And there's something about having my Dad around me that just makes me feel safe. On top of that, I'm even going to miss Zach and Jake. I missed them before, but I'm going to miss them even more! We all got along so well this break, and I guess I'm just afraid it's going to disappear when I leave.

Blah, blah, blah. I'm boring. Long story short, I can't wait to leave, but I'll miss home. No more sob-stories about how my life sucks in Rexburg. I'm really happy up there. Honestly, truely. I feel like a better person and I'm around people who feel the same way. I cannot wait to go back and have adventures this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment