1.1.12

Resolutions.

I have a couple of New Year's Resolutions; and I think I'm going to sort them into what I think is a must and what I think is quite superficial.

1. Go to every single Devotional this semester.
          Devo is one of the highlights of my week every week. I feel the spirit so strongly and I sit with my close friends. I love feeling the spirit, and here is the perfect place to do it. I only missed one or two devotionals last semester, but this semester I want to beat that score. I think one of the best parts of Devotional is when you see everyone puts their scriptures or journals in the air. And a lot of people {Myself included, most of the weeks} wear their church clothes to help bring the spirit even more. {I should also add "with scriptures" onto this resolution, because I forgot them the last month and a half of last semester.}

2. Get out of my apartment more often.
Okay, I'm not saying "Party all day, everyday. Stay up all night and don't give a crap!" {I couldn't even stay out all night if I wanted to, because I have a curfew.}
I hardly did anything last semester; and it I can say it effected me negatively. I watched 4 seasons of Psych in a month. Honestly, there was something wrong with me.
So this year, I want to have fun, and make friends that I want to do stuff with all the time!

3. Read the Book of Mormon every day.

I've never read the whole Book of Mormon. This year I'm going to do it. I may not finish it on December 31, 2011, but I'm going to read every day. Whether it be five pages, five minutes, or five verses, I'm going to try and do it. I know that this will strengthen me in every way possible and help me become a better saint.





4. Document my next semester better. 
In all seriousness, I think I took 6 pictures {Which doesn't include the ones of me in my apartment doing nothing} of my last semester. There were so many great memories, and so many people I've met that I should have documented. Heaven knows I sucked at blogging about my friends and my blessings last semester, so this semester, I'm going to enjoy taking pictures with my camera. People will call me the photographer by the end of this semester!
And now that I have my awesome new camera, I'm going to do it!

5. Read Harry Potter.
I think this is just a perpetual resolution for the rest of my life. I love Harry Potter. But I've never read the whole series all the way through in a timely manner. So maybe this year, I'll do it.
{And what better time to do it than when I have my new hardback covers??}




   

1 comment:

  1. I reread the Harry Potter series every summer. I highly recommend it. It's amazing how many new things you can pick up even if you've read it multiple times.

    ReplyDelete