10.1.12

I have this inherent need to write lists. Always.

When I'm going to the store, I write a mini list of things I need {And I'd be lying if I said I only bought the things on my list}; when I'm not sure what I have to do for the next couple of days, I write out a to do list; when I'm in a sad mood, I write a list of things that would probably cheer me up {and most of the time, this is just Houdini-ed into my to do lists}; and if I have things I need to do and I need to do it in the span of ten minutes, I write it down on a calendar appointment on my phone.

...Honestly, it's the only way I can feel like I have a control of my life right now. And I guess it has always been that way, too. I love making lists.
The other day I made a list of my homework, and then when I finished all the things for one day, I transferred it to another piece and added more..
I also believe that if something is on my list, I HAVE to do it. I mean, what's the point of putting it on my list if I'm not going to do it?

Like today, I really didn't want to make my bed, but I put it on my list. So I did it. And I already am so glad that I did it! I think my past me is probably thinking "Duh, that's why I put it on the list, because we both know having a made bed makes everything better!"

Future children, I'm sorry you will have to deal with my psychotically annoying list-making when you are born.

No comments:

Post a Comment