4.1.12

{A super long post about} First day of classes and my new apartment.

I'm HOME!


Seriously, though. I love Rexburg. SO MUCH.
I also love my new apartment like, 5.43239485777 million times more than my old apartment. Did I mention Steph's and my room is HUGE? Its so much bigger than I remember it was. We also control our own heat. So nice.

 I've met all of my roommates now. I've hardly talked to Brittany; but her boyfriend was in my Great Books class last semester. And we didn't know this, but Brittany is Jill and Shelly's cousin. And Jill and Shelly are (obviously) sisters. They're all pretty tall, too. I've really only talked to Jill, but that's even only a little bit. The other two are either gone all the time, or in their rooms. Shaylin is a little eccentric, but I like her nonetheless. We walked to 3 of our classes together, so that was nice.
Personally, I'd rather plug in my headphones and walk the treacherous walk from the Clark to the Hinkley, but since she's there, I can't really do that. Except she takes forever to get out of her class! So maybe I'll just walk by myself. I don't know.
{Note; the Clark and the Hinkley really aren't horrendously far away from each other. They're on either side of campus. It wouldn't be too bad, but it's all uphill, and I don't do well with hills.}

Classes are going well (for the first day, at least). I love my Education class. My teacher's really fun and he laughed at me as he watched me walk into the wrong classroom...
Except it was the right classroom! It was on my schedule, but apparently they mixed up the room assignments. So my teacher was actually standing right there telling us where to go, but I was like "Oh, I'm in this class right here." And so I walk in, and the teacher inside was really nice. He was like "do you know what class this is?" and I was like "crap." So I shamefully went and there was a guy telling me where to go. And when my teacher saw me, he started laughing. I blushed a lot.


You know you're in the right major when you're so excited to be in classes like education, ones that the teacher wants you to read 7 books by Orson Scott Card, and when you're completely excited for all of you major classes. I'm in a 300 class this semester... kind of nervous about that one, not going to lie.
I'm really so happy to be back in Rexburg.


No comments:

Post a Comment