4.2.12

The top 10 things people can do to make me mad.

10. As I once said in an email to my roommate's friend, Brad, "I dislike texting and winky faces; and put those two things together, and you've got my least favorite thing.   And when I say I dislike texting, I mean it.


9. When people give me the wrong name just because it's "funny;" when you were trying to open up conversation.
ex: Me: "Hey, I'm Courtney, Stephanie's roommate. You must be Chandler, and what's your name?"
     Guy: "Alfred."
     Me: "That's an awesome name."
     Chandler: "Yeah, he was pretty pumped when the Dark Knight came out."
     (I have no Idea why that's important but just smile.)
2 minutes later...
    (Derek and Tanner walk in the Door.)
     Derek: Hi, I'm Derek. This is Tanner.
     "Alfred": "Hi, I'm Michael."
Uhh... okay. Whatever.

8. Contradicting me every time I say something. Seriously, who would want to do that? If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I don't mind it if someone does it once or twice when I get something wrong; but to be so much of a pessimist that you can't let me have my word... okay, dude. Get over it.

7. When people are lazy. Seriously, if you have to go do something, don't tell us you're going to do it in a few minutes and sit there doing nothing, just watching a show you can pause. Just get up and do it, it really only takes a few minutes, and it'll feel better in the end with whatever you do.

6. When people act like they are still in High School (This one really doesn't pertain to anybody in high school, seeing as you can't really help yourself). Acting like you're still in High School means:
    a. Romantic Drama that is as lame as "Oh, I like this boys insides and not his outsides. But I like this guys outsides and not his insides.
   b. Not knowing how to hold yourself in a conversation with out sarcasm and/or joking about the other person in a demeaning way.
   c. Interrupting people for no rea -- did I tell you about that one time, when I went to the mall with that guy who wanted to date me? (See what I mean, it's stupid and immature.)
...The worst is when it's all 3.

5. People who tell me their relationship problems, when I know they're just a lost cause, seeing as they're obsessed and the other person is just leading them on. I hate it. There are other fish in the sea that would gladly go for you, guy. If you would only see. I may be one of them, I may not be. But what matters is if you're not focused on the one girl that could quite possibly be the death of you.

4. When people think so low of themselves, because of those relationship problems (or because a girl or guy is leading them on). I just want to say this You're not helping yourself by doing this. They do not decide your life, you do. Now go and get one and stop feeling self pity. You have every right to be as happy as they are, so why does it matter what this girl or guy thinks of you?

3. When people say one thing, then act another way. You're not fooling me, I know exactly what you said to me before.

2. When people are jerks. This one basically goes hand in hand with number 1. I don't understand why people can't just be mature college students and be courteous to each other in everything we do? I'm pretty sure that's what the Lord would want us to do, right?

1. Go ahead and have a little competition when we play games, that's completely fine. But when you insult me every time I speak or play a card, then I'm going to get mad. The first couple of times; no big deal, I'll just shake it off. But when you say "Oh, is that your King I just took, or am I mistaken?" When I didn't say a word about it and I didn't even mind, That's when I'm going to get angry. When you hit my hand just because I was trying to help you, I'm going to get angry. And especially when you blatantly disregard my feelings and I had met you maybe an hour before.


I'm sorry this is a long post, probably longer than it should be. But tonight was a pretty horrible night (for the first 2 hours).
I just don't get why people have this inherent need to be rude to me. Tonight this guy came over to our apartment (he was my roommate's friend's friend. I didn't even know him), and all he ever did when his conversation was directed my way, was insult me and beat me down. It was so tempting to get up, open the door, and say "Get out of my house, you jerk."   Of course, I didn't, out of respect. I also thought of how great it would be to sock him in the face, just once, then walk to my room. Of course, then I'd feel like a jerk, and why should I stoop so low as to be down at his level?
...I got really rude at around 9, and I stooped to his level then. I look back now and feel guilty that I was even rude to him.
By 10 o'clock, I thought I was going to have a panic attack. This guy was so rude, I cannot even stress it.
Derek, Tanner, Steph and I went to ice cream afterwards, and that's when I called my mom. I started bawling; like a little baby who got candy stolen from her.
And yet, my mom was there telling me it was alright, and that it was wrong he was so rude.

 I usually wouldn't be so upset, but it has been a hellish week, and it was the proverbial last straw on the camel's back. Everything just came crashing down on me, and I had been so excited, SO EXCITED, to let loose and have fun.

*About number 5. I really DON'T mind when you talk to me about your relationship problems, I just hate it when you don't realize how much worth it you are to everybody else, and when you gloss over the fact that they are using you.

blah, blah, blah. I'm sorry this was such a long post. I just needed to get it out so I won't be in such a horrible mood tomorrow morning.
Thanks for reading it (if you even get to this part).

No comments:

Post a Comment