7.1.12

ENDER'S GAME.

I read the book "Ender's Game" by Orson Scot Card in 3 days.

I know, I know, reading a book in three days that wasn't even 400 pages isn't really that noteworthy; but this book had so much depth. Needless to say, my mind is blown {and may be a little fried}.
I read the book when I was in Seventh or Eighth grade, but I didn't even remember that Ender was six years old.
I think the mind blocks a lot that people don't want to remember.

This book is phenomenal. I love it beyond words, and just my luck! I get to read the second book "Speaker for the Dead" next. Obviously I'm reading these books for a class. It's Eng 370, and it's all about Orson Scot Card. Along with the two books I just mentioned, I'm also reading Seventh Son, Enchantment, Character and Viewpoint (a writing book he wrote. I'm actually excited for this one), Maps in a Mirror; The short fiction of Orson Scot Card, and Lost Boys. It's such a wide range of genre's, that I'm really excited for all of them.

I don't even have to be halfway through with Ender's Game until next Friday, but I'm hoping to get ahead and read all the books before they're due; then I won't have to worry about rushing the endings or anything. I think I spent 28 hours or more reading Ender's game in the past 3 days. But it was such a good book. I'm glad I didn't just stop at halfway point, or else I wouldn't be able to get into the rest of the book. Believe me; after feeling I had been reading the book for forever and not feeling like I read anything, it would be hard to pick the book back up after a break. That's for sure.

Oh, college; how I love thee.
Let me count the ways {hours}.

2 comments:

  1. That book changed my life.
    Like, I'm serious. I read it when I was 14, and it's been on my top5 since.
    Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! Such a phenomenal book. Have you read Speaker for the Dead? I'm onto that one next.

    ReplyDelete